LEFT returns the first character or characters in a text string, based on the number of characters you specify.
The function syntax has the following arguments:
- Text (Required) The text string that contains the characters you want to extract.
- numberOfCharacters (Optional) Specifies the number of characters you want LEFT to extract.
- numberOfCharacters must be greater than or equal to zero.
- If numberOfCharacters is greater than the length of text, LEFT returns all of text.
- If numberOfCharacters is omitted, it is assumed to be 1.
Field 1: ="Sale Price"
Field 2: ="Sweden"
First four characters in Field 1
First character in Field 2
Updated 11 months ago